It's time for a Road Trip! - The world-famous SHHH Christmas Beach Hash is happening on December 20 at Sir Sump Pump and Sewage's palatial dog sanatorium, Casa Once Perros Locos. Bus leaves from Flannery's at 11:30am sharp! Sign up early for best seats.
|And here is a clear example of the sort of immature behavior the Santiago Hashers would never engage in at all! Just a cautionary photo, really...|
To overcome the culture shock and just be happy, at this time tradition dictates and our gracious hosts host.
|Our host, Sir Sump Pump, overcoming his natural shyness.|
There's a Secret Santa:
...with proper Hash-y gifts:
|Who will be wearing Stroke My Bono's gift this year? Looks like Sewage may have designs on it...|
...and maybe even "just what I've always wanted" type gifts:
and so Secret Santa gifts should be as inappropriate as possible, while keeping to the 2000CLP limit, of course. No matter. It's a great time. Here's what to expect:
- Pre-pay 15000CLP (or 7000CLP if you're driving yourself) to Multiple Entry (details on Facebook, by mail, or PM on Meetup) ASAP. (Seriously - no pre-pay, no food or bus-ride...)
- Go find a very silly Christmas Gift, costing no more than $2000 (yep, it's a challenge)
- On Saturday, Dec 20th, meet at 11am outside Flannery's. The bus actually rolls out at 11:30, so don't be late! No refunds for missed bus.
- Bring snacks, side-dishes, additional libations of your choosing, and anything non-alcoholic that you may need, as well as running clothes and a warm layer for evening... and sun-screen! How could I forget sun-screen.
- Bus leaves at 11:30 sharp, arriving at Casa Once Perros Locos around 2pm.
- We run, we circle, we exchange clever gifts, drink beer, eat, possibly even dance a little, and then we get back on the bus and ride back to Flannery's leaving at 9pm and arriving ~11:30 - perfect time for a beer!
|Hosts||Sewage (Our visiting Papuan GM) & Sir Sump Pump|
|Hares||Sewage and Finger-in-the-Dyke??|
|When||Saturday December 20th 2014 Bus leaves from Flannery's promptly at 11:30. (Actual time, not Latin time)|
|Where||Casa Once Perros Locos, El Quisco|
|What to Bring
|What to Expect
||Great Canadian-style Chili made with real kidney-beans. Sir Sump Pump will be cooking for us, so bring snacks/drinks.|
||$15000 including entertaining luxury transport from Flannery's (or $7000 if you're driving yourself). Payment details on Facebook (you must be a member of the group to access) or request the info. on Meetup. Remember, pay ASAP to get a seat on the bus.|
If you're planning on making a long week-end out of it, for example if you're driving & have the good fortune to stay the night nearby rather than drive back that evening, here is a list of potential accommodations scouted out by Sir Sump Pump and his friendly dog-pack:
Cabanas Santa Barbara
casa y cabana
Casa - 18 Bella Vista
Cabanas La Princesa
Cabanas Vera Verano
Sir Sump Pump's neighbour Osvaldo
Also, Sunset Hotel (on El Quisco Beach, where we had the beer stop on a couple of Hashes)